Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
— Frank Lloyd Wright
Today’s prompt is “wisp” and when I read it I immediately thought of these long beautiful chinese calligraphy brushes…. which someone brought back from Shanghai as a present to me. Below you will find the tools that I will be using for the Inktober Challenge this year. I have decided to use Kuretake Water Brushes and to fill them up in advance with a dilution of 30% black, 60% black. This way I will have consistent grey values.
Going from left to right at top of image.
• Small container with a mix of water and black ink;
• Dr. Ph. Martin’s Black Star Matte
• Dr. Ph. Martin’s Pen-White
• _____ to wripe off excess ink from brush
• 4 Chinese calligraphy brushes on top of green water container
Bottom of image.
• Eyedropper for adding ink
• Dip pen
• 3 Kuretake brush pens filled up with different % of mix (small, medium and large size)
• Platinum Desk Pen EF DP1000AB plus convertor, Red, Japan
Paper: Japanese Album
Ink: Dr. Ph. Martin’s Black Star Matte
Brush: Beautiful chinese calligraphy brush